Victorian International Education Awards in Australia 2014
Applications are invited for Victorian International Education Awards to study at at a Victorian education institution. These awards include following categories: International Student of the Year–English Language Training, Vocational Education and Training (VET), Higher Education and Research. Student winners receive a generous $10,000 scholarship to support their studies in Victoria and the winner of the Premier’s Award will receive an additional $10,000 scholarship. To be eligible for these awards, students must be currently enrolled as an international student in a course at a Victorian education provider.
- Awards are available in any discipline.
- Awards are available for pursuing following courses: English Language Training, Vocational Education and Training (VET), Higher Education (undergraduate or postgraduate coursework based program) and Research (postgraduate research program either at Masters by Research or PhD level) at a Victorian education institution.
- Victorian Government is providing these scholarships.
- The Victorian International Education Awards (VIEA) rewards outstanding achievement and recognize excellence in international education in Victoria. These prestigious awards recognise and celebrate leaders in Victoria’s international education sector and the outstanding achievements of international students. Winners of the student awards will be awarded a scholarship of up to $10,000 for study related expenses at a Victorian educational institution. The International Student Awards category is an opportunity to showcase initiatives and achievements of international students through the following awards:
- Student winners receive a generous $10,000 scholarship to support their studies in Victoria and the winner of the Premier’s Award will receive an additional $10,000 scholarship.
- Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- -Academic excellence
- -Demonstrated contribution and connection to the Victorian community
- -Capacity to act as an inspirational role model for international students and the Victorian community
- The mode of applying is online.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this Victorian International Student Award, the students must meet the following criteria:
-Currently enrolled as an international student in a course at a Victorian education provider
-Names and contact details of two referees who agree to be contacted to provide further information on the nomination.
-Agree to full terms and conditions (these will include being available to promote the awards and international education as required as well as providing a picture of themselves for marketing purposes).
- International students can apply for these Victorian International Education Awards.
The application deadline is 4 July 2014.