Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarships at the De Montfort University (DMU) in the UK. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarships is to help outstanding students who have excelled academically and have an offer of admission to study at DMU.
About University: De Montfort University (DMU) offers the perfect combination of award-winning teaching and world-class facilities. University is proud to be one of the top 25 universities for graduate employment and offer a great student experience.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate taught or postgraduate research course.
Available Subject: The students will compete in British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) and Varsity competitions; while gaining a recognized degree qualification across a wide range of course and disciplines.
Scholarship Benefits: Up to £6,000 of support, this may include:
- Up to £4,000 cash bursary
- Up to £2,000 towards sports specific including; physiotherapy, strength and conditioning and private medical insurance
Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for the Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarship you must:
- Be enrolled on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught or postgraduate research course during the academic year 2017/18
- Compete at a high representative level*, and be able to demonstrate passion and commitment to your sport
*We are aware that there are huge variances in sports, and the standards people can achieve, so email us if you’d like to discuss your application further. See below for the tiers of scholarship available:
- Tier 1: For students performing at high national or international level
- Tier 2: For students performing at high county or national level
- Tier 3: For student performing at county level
- Tier 4: For students who have already received an academic scholarship from DMU
Eligible Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Deadline: The application process for the 2017/18 academic year is now open for September and January starters.
September 2017 intake application process
- Friday 4 August, first deadline for the Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarships applications
- Tuesday 15 August, applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application
- Thursday 17 August, A-level results day, undergraduate scholarship decisions ratified according to academic entry to university
- Thursday 26 October, deadline for late applicants
- Monday 6 November, late applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application
January 2018 intake application process
- Thursday 25 January 2018, deadline for applicants
- Monday 5 February 2018, applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application