Full Tuition Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program in USA, 2017
Scholarship Description: The new Full Tuition Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program is now available to study at Simmons College in Boston, USA. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial aid to international students to help them pursue undergraduate study program.
About University: Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons College encompasses the many benefits of a small university in the nation’s best “college town.” For more than a century, Simmons has offered a pioneering liberal arts education for undergraduates integrated with professional work experience. Today, we also offer renowned coeducational graduate programs in nursing and health sciences, education, liberal arts, management, communications, social work, public health and library and information science.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the college.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board. An additional annual award of $3000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, or research support. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board.
- An annual award of $3,000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and research support.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Eligibility: Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honours, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: The application consists of two parts: a short answer and a formal essay. Students must upload these documents or submit them via email to ugadm-at-simmons.edu with the subject line “Kotzen Application” by December 1. On each page of the document, students should include their full name and date of birth.
- Short Answer(of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay(of no more than 500 words): In what manner can a woman most effectively lead change in today’s world?
- Interview: Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an on-campus interview which will be conducted in February.
Deadline: Applications deadlines are:
- Transfer fall 2017 Deadline: April 1 *we are still accepting applications!*
- Dix Fall 2017 Deadline: July 1
- Spring 2018 Deadline: November 1