University of Trieste PhD Studentships in Italy 2015
Applications are invited for PhD studentships at the University of Trieste (Italy) on the Marie Curie European Industrial Doctorate IPCOS, a project focusing on the development of molecularly imprinted polymers specific for active components of coffee to be used as sensors. This studentship is available for two Italian researchers and they will be employed by universities for a period of 36 months under the standard Marie Skodowska-Curie Actions conditions.
Study Subject(s): Applications are invited for PhD studentships at the University of Trieste (Italy) on the Marie Curie European Industrial Doctorate IPCOS, a project focussing on the development of molecularly imprinted polymers specific for active components of coffee to be used as sensors.
Course Level: Studentship is available for pursuing PhD programme at the University of Trieste.
Scholarship Provider: University of Trieste
Scholarship can be taken at: Italy
Eligibility: The ideal candidate must have a degree in Chemistry with a strong knowledge of organic chemistry and some expertise in polymer/material chemistry. Previous experience of working on nanomaterial synthesis and/or characterisation is highly desirable. Good knowledge of the English language (both written and spoken) is essential. Demonstration of a strong attitude for research is also essential. Candidates with degrees in Nanotechnology, Food technologies and Chemical Engineering should not apply for this post. Due to this project being part of a Marie Skodowska-Curie Actions, clear eligibility rules apply. Applicants should not be nationals of the state in which the project and research is to take place. Applicants also should not have lived, worked or studied in the host country for more than 12 months out of the 3 years immediately prior to the time of application. To qualify as “Early Stage Researchers” applicants should be within the first 4 years of their research careers, counted from the date in which their degree was obtained. The degree must have been obtained not later than 31st October 2014.
- Italian researchers can apply for this studentship.
- Each researcher employed by the Network will work on a multidisciplinary project combining organic chemistry, polymer science and sensors together with device development, in the context of an innovative infrastructure that aims to prepare researchers to pursue a career in industry. Every recruited researcher will spend 50% of their time working with the industrial partners in Trieste (Italy) and Slovakia and 50% in an academic environment, however they will be employed for the whole time by the academic host and registered in the appropriate doctoral school.
- There are two PhD studentships available.
- The post is available for a fixed term period of 36 months.
- Researchers will be employed by universities for a period of 36 months under the standard Marie Skodowska-Curie Actions conditions.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are advised to contact Prof Federico Berti at fberti-at-units.it prior to applying by sending a CV and cover letter justifying their eligibility. Please put IPCOS in the subject line of the e-mail.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact Employer
Share this Scholarship for others