Scholarship Description: UNESCO Creative City of Literature, Prague offers 6 residencies every year for authors and translators as part of the Prague City of Literature project. The residency covers accommodation and travel and provides a scholarship of €600 per month.
Prague was awarded the prestigious UNESCO City of Literature title, which UNESCO grants to cities of the world for the special place literature occupies in their life.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing residency programme.
Available Subject:Scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: The accommodation and travel expenses are covered by the receiving organisation; the residents will also receive a scholarship of €600 per month.
Eligibility Criteria:Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Cultural interest for the location
- Basic knowledge of English language
- At least one published literary work (not a private edition) or two broadcast or published radio dramas or one carried out or published theatre play or at least one translated work of a Czech author
- Willingness to participate on the local literary life (author readings, meeting students, talks, activities arranged by the receiving institution or connected to the cultural events of the city)
- Working on the writings during the stay
- The author who has already once received the scholarship can’t apply again
- The Resident undertakes that in the course of the residential stay or no later than within 2 months from its termination, he/she will provide the Municipal Library in Prague with the text inspired by the stay that the Municipal Library in Prague, through the project „Prague City of Literature“, will be authorized to use to promote the Prague’s residential stays. The Municipal Library in Prague will enter into a licence agreement with the Resident for the purpose of using the text in electronic as well as printed version.
Eligible Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: The applicants can send their materials (see general conditions) to apply for the residency in Prague on the e-mail address viktor.svobodaat-mlp.cz. Required documents:
- Completed application form
- Optional: Extract from a published text (in Czech or in English) or sample of a translated text into Czech; max 2 pages
Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.