Tilburg University is inviting applications for scholarships in Liberal Arts and Sciences for the academic year 2016-2017. Three scholarships are available for excellent non-EEA students who are admitted to an undergraduate program at the Tilburg School of Humanities (i.e., BA Liberal Arts and Sciences and BA Online Culture: Art, Media and Society). The application deadline is 1 April 2016.
Participating Institute: Tilburg University in Netherlands.
Study Subject: The scholarship is to study BA Liberal Arts and Sciences and BA Online Culture: Art, Media and Society.
Degree Level: The scholarship is to pursue undergraduate program.
Eligibility: To qualify for a Tilburg School of Humanities Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to the bachelor’s program:
- Candidates must have been (conditionally) admitted to an undergraduate program at the Tilburg School of Humanities for the academic year 2016-2017
- Candidates must have achieved excellent study results during their relevant secondary education. As an indication, the student must have graduated with an average result of at least 7.5 (out of 10) or must be among the top 10% of their class
- To prove that you are an excellent student you can send us a statement from your secondary education institution saying that you belonged to the top 10% of your class or with your average grade. This is not necessary if your average grade is specified on your transcript of records
- Candidates must hold a non-EEA passport
- Candidates should fill in the Scholarship Application Form
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarship is for non-EEA students.
What does it cover: The TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence for non-EEA students in the undergraduate programs consists of a partial tuition waiver. In 2015-2016 this amount was € 4.000 at a tuition fee of € 8.000. The exact amount for 2016-2017 will be announced soon.
Selection criteria: On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee will select the recipients of the TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- The academic results in secondary education
- The language test score
- The quality and content of the Scholarship Application Form
Tilburg School of Humanities strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality.
Notification: The School will notify these students as soon as possible but not later than 1 August 2016.
Application Procedure: Send in the Scholarship Application Form together with your application package for the undergraduate’s program before the Scholarship deadline of 1 April 2016.
Deadline: The application deadline is 1 April 2016.