KU Leuven University PhD Scholarshipon the topic of Life Cycle Engineering
KU Leuven University is inviting applications for PhD Position for International students. Applicants are part of a multidisciplinary research group working on the topic of Life Cycle Engineering under the supervision of Dr. Jef Peeters, Prof. Joost Duflou and Prof. Dirk Cattrysse.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as KU Leuven or the University of Leuven, is a Dutch-speaking university in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium.
The English proficiency test scores accepted by KU Leuven are TOEFL certificate sent by ETS, IELTS certificate sent by the official IELTS test centre administered by The British Council or IDP Education, and ESOL Cambridge.
Course Level: Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Position is awarded for optimizing plastic sorting and recycling.
Scholarship Award: This is a full-time position offered at KU Leaven.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You hold a Master in Engineering and you have demonstrated excellent optimization and research skills.
- You foster excellent mathematical and algorithmic skills, yet like to combine these with an experimental validation approach by designing physical test set-ups and executing experiments.
- You like to consider the broader picture and to perform life cycle costing and environmental analyses.
- You are fascinated by environmental impact reduction strategies and you like to contribute to a significant shift in some impact generating systems.
- You have a creative mindset and are not afraid to take initiative to look for innovative ideas and new opportunities.
- Dutch speaking or willing to improve your language skills is an asset.
- You are fluent in English.
Eligible Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is March 31, 2017.