For New Zealand Citizens Freemasons Scholarships 2019
Scholarship Description: Freemasons Scholarships are available to students who are enrolled at one of the eight participating universities: Auckland, Auckland University of Technology (AUT), Waikato, Massey, Victoria, Canterbury, Lincoln and Otago. This year eight Postgraduate Scholarships of $10,000 each and 20 University Scholarships of $6,000 each.
The Freemasons Scholarships are provided annually, funded and administered by The Freemasons Charity. The Freemasons Scholarships are to assist able students who are active in their involvement in the community, to complete their university education in their chosen field.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for postgraduate students
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Art History
- Biological Sciences
- Business and Economics
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Cinema Studies
- Civil and Natural Resources Engineering
- Communication Disorders
- Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Cultural Studies
- Digital Humanities
- Economics and Finance
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Educational Studies and Leadership
- Fine Arts
- Geological Sciences
- Global Cultural and Language Studies
- Health Science
- Humanities and Creative Arts
- Language Social and Political Sciences
- Management Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Maori and Indigenous Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Media and Communication
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Social Work and Human Services
- Sport and Physical Education
- Teacher Education
Scholarship Award: Scholarships valued at $10,000 each
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for New Zealand citizen.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants for the scholarships must:
a) Have a good academic record; and
b) Be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Permanent
New Zealand residency; and
c) Demonstrate good citizenship; and
d) Show leadership potential; and
e) Have proven community commitment.
The Scholarships will be awarded without regard to gender, ethnic background, creed or age. Family association with Freemasonry is not a criterion for the award of a scholarship. However, Freemasons have a tradition of caring for their community and will assist those who contribute back to the community.
Application Procedure: Application forms are available only on the Freemasons website.
You may apply through this webpage approximately 8 weeks before applications close. If it’s possible to apply online for this scholarship there will be a link above to the online system. If the link is not provided, please download and complete the application form located below.
However, if the scholarship is managed by Universities NZ or another department of the University an External Website link will appear below and application instructions will be available through that link.
Applications Deadline: 1 October 2018