Scholarship Title: Annual PhD Studentship Competition at Ulster University in UK, 2018-2019
Scholarship Description: The Ulster University has announced Annual PhD Studentship Competition for the academic year 2018-2019. Students from UK and international students at university are eligible to apply. The PhD Studentship is awarded in various field offered in University. English language profecincey is a top requirment.
Scholarship Provider: University of Ulster UK is providing this scholarship. Ulster University, officially the University of Ulster, is a multi-campus public university located in Northern Ireland. It is often referred to informally and unofficially as Ulster, or by the abbreviation UU.
English language proficiency is a vital skill whilst undertaking a research degree, applicants are therefore expected to provide evidence of their proficiency in English by way of an approved test.
Application deadline: February 19, 2018
Degree Level offered: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded Architecture, Built Environment and Planning; Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory; Biomedical Sciences; Business and Management Studies; Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Library and Information Management; Computer Science and Informatics; Education; Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials; English Language and Literature; Geography and Environmental Studies; History; Law; Modern Languages and Linguistics; Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts; Nursing and Health; Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience; Social Work and Social Policy and Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism
Vice Chancellors Research Scholarships (VCRS): The scholarships will cover tuition fees and a maintenance award of not less than £14,553 per annum for three years (subject to satisfactory academic performance). Applications are invited from UK, European Union and overseas students.
Department for the Economy (DfE): The scholarships will cover tuition fees at the home rate and, for applicants with UK residence only, a maintenance allowance of not less than £14.553 per annum for three years. EU residents may also apply but, if successful, will receive fees only.
Eligible Nationalities / targeted Students: UK and international students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should hold, or expect to obtain, a first or upper second class honours degree in a subject relevant to the proposed area of study; applicants deemed by Senate to hold an equivalent qualification will also be considered.
- All applicants should also hold a relevant English language qualification. All applications for studentships will be considered on a competitive basis and with regard to the applicant’s qualifications, skills, experience and interests.
- Applicants should be aware that the competition for funded entry is very high. It is important that all parts of the application process are completed in accordance with instructions. All applicants are advised to discuss their application with the staff noted within the project description prior to submission.
- Applicants should note that disclosure of disability or personal circumstances should be made as part of the application process or as soon as possible thereafter in order to facilitate any necessary accommodation.
Language Requirements: Non-UK/EU students, who do not hold a degree from the UK or other UKVI-recognised majorities English-speaking country, must have a UK Home Office approved test. As of 06 April 2015 the only accepted test providers are:
- IELTS – Applicants must have IELTS (UKVI (Academic)) awarded with an overall grade of 6.0, and no individual component less than 5.5;
- Trinity College London – Applicants must have Integrated Skills with English, awarded with level B2 or above.
Application Procedure: In order to be considered, your application must be completed in full, including:
- All information on existing qualifications and transcripts
- Funding details or requirements
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Names and addresses of referees
Applications are made by using the online application system – the right information and and advice to make a successful application.