UCAS Scholarship 2016, China
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is now accepting applications for scholarship for international students in 2016 academic year. The scholarships are available for to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses or conduct research at UCAS campus/CAS institutes.University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to China.UCAS is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, focusing on graduate education. UCAS has a highly qualified faculty team consisting of teachers and supervisors from UCAS faculties and CAS institutes and a first-class scientific research environment for students to fulfill scientific research.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Degree Level: UCAS Scholarship for International Students is to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses or conduct research at UCAS campus/CAS institutes.
Subject offered: Scholarships are offered over different departments across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Participating Institution(s): University of Chinese Academy, China
Eligibility: UCAS Scholarship for International Students to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses or conduct research at UCAS campus/CAS institutes. To be eligible to apply:
- Meet the admission criteria for UCAS international students
- Get recommended by a supervisor and the institute/school which the supervisor is affiliated with.
- Have an appropriate attitude toward learning and scientific research and have outstanding academic performance.
- Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application
- Age requirements:
- Master’s degree candidates should be no more than 30 years old.
- Doctoral degree candidates should be no more than 35 years old.
- Students on joint programs: no age limit
- Regular and senior visiting students should be no more than 40 years old.
- Requirements on language level:
- Programs taught in Chinese: Applicants should obtain at least 180 points for Level 5 of new HSK test before registration.
- Programs taught in English: Applicants should have adequate good English proficiency.
Other requirements on applicants on joint programs:
- Applicants should be currently studying at higher institutions abroad.
- The higher institution abroad the applicant is affiliated with should have signed relevant collaboration and exchange agreement with CAS/UCAS/CAS institute.
- Awarded student should register before the November of 2016.
- The academic visit to or joint culture at CAS should last for no shorter than 3 months.
Other requirements on visiting scholars:
- Scholars should register before the November of 2016.
- Scholars shall be further educated for no shorter than 6 months.
- Students who are currently studying at higher institutions in China cannot apply (with exception for this year’s graduates).
Eligible Nationalities: International Students are encouraged to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an appropriate attitude toward learning and scientific research and have outstanding academic performance.
English Language Requirements: Requirements on language level:
-Programs taught in Chinese: Applicants should obtain at least 180 points for Level 5 of new HSK test before registration.
-Programs taught in English: Applicants should have adequate good English proficiency.
Supporting Material: Application form, Admission form, A photocopy of your passport’s (with at least 2 years validity) personal information page, Original notarized photocopies of degree certificates, Original transcripts or original notarized photocopies of transcripts, Recommendation letters from two professors, CV and research proposal and Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 representative published academic papers.
Application Procedure for UCAS Scholarship 2016, China
Application Procedure: Find an eligible host supervisor affiliated with CAS institute or UCAS school: Eligible applicants shall prepare application documents as requested above, contact an eligible supervisor, decide on the research field and send him/her both hard and softcopies of application documents.
- Obtain a host supervisor’s acceptance: The supervisor scrutinizes and evaluates the applicant’s academic ability according to relevant rules of the institute/school. Several experts might be invited to conduct a video/telephone interview with the applicant or a written examination may be required. The supervisor decides whether or not to accept the applicant by making comments and signing on the supervisor’s comment pages of the admission application form as well as the scholarship application form, and submitting the hard copy of all necessary documents to the institute/school.
- CAS institute/UCAS schoolapproves: The application will be reviewed by the institute/school for them to decide whether or not to accept the applicant. If the application is approved, the institute/school will complete and stamp the comment pages of the admission application form as well as the scholarship application form and then send the hard copy of all necessary documents to the UCAS International Students Office.
- UCAS makes the final review and prepares admission documents according to the evaluation result. UCAS will organize evaluation meetings after its final review of all application documents.The admission and visa application documents for chosen applicants are prepared once the expert panels make the final decision.
Deadline: The deadline for application is 30th March 2016.
More about UCAS Scholarship 2016, China
The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) (Chinese: 中国科学院大学), is a higher education institution focusing on graduate education, under the direct leadership of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). The predecessor of UCAS was the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GUCAS) and the Graduate School of University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), which was founded in 1978 as the first graduate school in China by approval of the State Council. UCAS graduated the first doctoral student in science, first doctoral student in engineering, first female doctoral student and first student with double doctoral degrees in China. In 2014, UCAS began to recruit undergraduates.