United Arab Emirates University Scholarships for International PhD Students in UAE, 2017
United Arab Emirates University Scholarships provide a full package of benefits, which includes the full tuition waiver, monthly stipend, housing or housing allowance, health insurance, and research support. Scholarships are open to international students for pursuing PhD programme.
The purpose of the Graduate Research Scholarships program is to make available financial support packages, to faculty researchers that would enable them to recruit and support highly-talented, research-oriented graduate students who will engage in active research in areas of strategic importance to the University and the nation.
United Arab Emirates University is the oldest university in the United Arab Emirates. It was established after independence from Britain by then the president and the founding father of the UAE, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, in 1976.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Graduate Research Scholarships are granted to eligible students and provide a full package of benefits, which includes the full tuition waiver, monthly stipend, housing or housing allowance, health insurance, and research support.
- The housing benefit is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Health insurance is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Research support funds are provided to the faculty for supporting the student’s research.
- Award recipients who take an official leave of absence from their study will have their stipend payments and any applicable housing allowance suspended for the duration of the leave period, and the period of their Scholarship award will be extended accordingly.
Summary of benefits:
- Tuition Waiver: Yes
- Stipend: AED 10,000/month
- Housing Allowance: AED 1,500/month
- Health Insurance: Yes (student only)
- Research Support: Yes.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in UAE
Eligibility: The program is designed to recruit and support PhD students. Applicants for Graduate Research Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Students must enroll full-time in a minimum of 9 graduate credits per semester.
- Students must not be financially sponsored by any other organization or hold any active employment.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Master’s degree.
- Students must have and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher at the PhD level.
The following additional factors apply to the selection criteria:
- The ranking and research classification of the institution from which the applicant received his/her Master’s degree.
- Applicant’s prior research experience and its relevance to UAEU research.
- Applicant’s publication record.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The minimum requirements for admission to the PhD program are:
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in an area appropriate to the academic area to which application is being made.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in the Master’s degree earned at an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
English Language Requirement:
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines in which the main language of instruction is English or the dissertation, must be written in English. This test score must be less than two years old at the time of application.
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent is required for admission into an offering of the PhD Program whose language of instruction is Arabic.
How to Apply: To apply, complete and submit an application with all required documents. Submit the complete application form with the following documents (all in English) sent as attachments via email to cgs.scholarships-at-uaeu.ac.ae. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Copy of Bachelor degree transcript
- Copy of Master degree transcript
- Copy of CV with a list of relevant publications
- Statement of research interest (300 words max.)
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.