Scholarship Description: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP) and Strathmore University offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Ph.D. Scholarships Eastern Africa Kenya 2019.
This scholarship is available to the citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree qualification with at least above average results.
Scholarship Provider: DAAD is the world’s largest money organization for the international exchange of students and researchers. It supports more than 100,000 German and international students and researchers worldwide – this is the world’s largest wealth organization of its kind.
Degree Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing a Ph.D. degree program
Available Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of Health Management.
Scholarship Benefits: The winners will receive:
- The scholarship includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a full scholarship, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet.
- The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program.
- They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDEAL
Number of Scholarships: Up to 5 scholarships available.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated program or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applications for DAAD Ph.D. scholarships at Strathmore University must be in the following program/field of study: Ph.D. in Healthcare Management
- To apply for the scholarship, you first need an admission letter from Strathmore University as the host institution.
- Applications for these scholarships are will be managed jointly by IDeAL and Strathmore University.
- Applications should be submitted to Strathmore University no later than Sunday 24th February 2019 at 5.00pm.
- To apply for the DAAD 2019 In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies, the following documents should be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Strathmore University’s Application form for Graduate Studies. Click below for a copy of the application form.
- Certified copy of your High School Certificate.
- Certified copies of all Degree Certificates and Transcript of Records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. (Kindly note the copies of the certificates and transcripts must be certified either by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court).
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms of which one must be from a former graduate professors/senior lecturer particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate studies. The second reference may be from a professor or employer.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Copy of the National ID or bio page of the Passport.
- The signed DAAD Information Sheet for Scholars, 2019/2020.
- A D. research proposal including a detailed work plan (maximum 7000 words).
- Keep to the word count. Note that plagiarism will be checked. Note that at least one of your proposed supervisor(s) should sign on the cover page of your research proposal.
- A copy of the research work undertaken at the Master
- Names of at least two proposed supervisors one of whom one must be a Strathmore University staff member.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.strathmore.edu/daad-in-country-in-region-phd-scholarships-eastern-africa/
- Click here to download the Reference Form.
- Click here to download the Graduate Application Form.
- Click here to download the DAAD Information Sheet.
Deadline: February 24, 2019