Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for Doctoral Applicants, Kochi University of Technology (KUT), Japan
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
Deadline: 18 September 2013 & 18 March 2014
- The SSP student must work as a research assistant in a specific research project. *However, the total paid working hour per week for students with “Student” status of Japanese redidence, should not exceed 28 hours per week.
- The SSP student must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering at the end of each semester. The submitted reports will be evaluated.
- International applicants are exempted from 300,000 yen of enrollment fee.
- Tuition of 535,800 yen (per year) will be exempted.
- 240,000 yen per year as a SSP Scholarship upon application.
- Up to 960,000 yen per year for working as a research assistant.
- 200,000 yen for travel and initial living costs. (given only to foreign students who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
- To have nationality other than Japanese.
- To have or have the intention to acquire the “Student” status of Japanese residence, at the time of entrance, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act in Japan. (3) To have or to be expected to acquire a master’s degree before enrollment.
- To have excellent academic records in both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work as a research assistant in one of the research projects listed here. (7) To have high English proficiency.
- Choose a research project from?the SSP Research Project List.
- Complete and submit all required documents.
*Please refer to List for SSP Application Documents