Scholarships Description: Orms Cape Town School of Photography is inviting applications for various scholarships for both full-time and part-time photographic courses. South African as well as Non-South African citizens are eligible to apply for this award.
Course Level: The Orms Cape Town School of Photography offers both full-time and part-time photographic courses.
Study Subject: ORMS 6-Month Programme Scholarship: This part-time photographic programme is aimed at equipping students with sound theoretical, as well as practical, knowledge to enter the photographic industry.
ORMS Full-Time Programme in Professional Photography: The programme is structured to develop technically refined and creative photographers, who can explore and define their goals, situate their work within a broader and meaningful context and establish a solid foundation from which to build their careers.
Scholarship Award: ORMS 6-Month Programme Scholarship: The Award carries a monetary value of R40 000.
ORMS Full-Time Programme in Professional Photography: The Award carries a monetary value of R100 000.
Eligible Countries: South African as well as Non-South African citizens are eligible to apply for this award.
Eligibility Criteria: Orms Cape Town School of Photography are looking for photographers who want to develop their interest and skills in photography and should not be afraid to explore.
- You must have passed matric with higher certificate clearance. Exceptions will be made for students older than 23 years of age with work experience.
- Preference will be given to those from a previous disadvantage background
- You must reside in Cape Town or surrounds.
How to Apply:
STEP 1: Ensure you have all paperwork and documentation ready
STEP 2: Apply through the online form below. Should you not have access to the internet, you may call the school for a hardcopy submission form.
- Visa requirements are of your own accord and are recommended to be settled well before the commencement of this programme.
- Only applicants who submit all the required information will be considered.
– The student will need access to a DSLR camera for the duration of the course. The school will provide assistance with additional gear.
– Certified copies of the applicant’s ID document, Certified copy of study permit (if applicant is non-South African)
– Please submit the following 3 requirements via Wetransfer to Bryce-at-ormsctsp.co.za
- 1) Portfolio Assignment No 1: THREE PHOTOGRAPHS – The Self Portrait
- Produce three very different self-portraits. Consider the whole frame of each picture before shooting, be sure to only include that which is related to the idea you would like to explore.
- Please note:
– Selfies are not permissible
– Clearly caption this assignment with your name, surname and the title of this project: The Self Portrait.
– Number your photographs 1 – 3
- 2) Portfolio Assignment No 2: NINE PHOTOGRAPHS
- Photograph three different people. You can direct your subjects carefully, to make planned and deliberate photographs, or photograph them as they are at work, play, relaxing etc. The person should be aware that you are photographing them, and it would be good if they know what you are trying to accomplish with the photographs. Your images should introduce the viewer to the person you are photographing and attempt to reveal something of their character or situation.
Photograph three different places. These places might be indoors or out in the open. It may be an inhabited home or part of the city, or it may be a natural space such as a beach or forest. It can even be a commercial space such as a factory or market. Your images should give the viewer an impression of what it feels like to be in that place.
Photograph three different objects. These objects should be small enough to fit in a shoe-box. Characteristics that may make your objects interesting to photograph might
- 3) A letter of motivation(250 – 500 words) explaining why you would like to study photography.
- Shortlisted students will be interviewed telephonically.
Deadline: December 10, 2017