Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship 2014, University of Waikato, New Zealand
The purpose of the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship is to provide support for students to achieve a high academic standard in a programme of study at the University of Waikato, excellence in a sporting code or the creative or performing arts, and to develop leadership qualities through a tailored leadership and personal development programme.
Deadline: 01 Oct 2013
The Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship is open to both New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and international students
- To be eligible for consideration for the award of the Scholarship, applicants must demonstrate:
- academic achievement, as defined under section below, and
- significant achievement to date and potential to further excel in either
- a sporting code, or
- a performing or creative art, and
- leadership qualities.
- Consideration of applications will also be subject to an assessment of:
- the alignment of the sport, or performing or creative art concerned to the University’s Vision and to the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme’s Purpose, and
- the University’s capability, in conjunction with relevant local agencies, to provide access to facilities and developmental support appropriate to the sport, or performing or creative art.
- When selecting recipients, the Panel may take into account the applicant’s willingness and ability to fully participate in, and contribute to, the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme.