For Canadian Students Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship at University of Edmonton in Canada 2019
The University of Edmonton is offering Dr.Gary McPherson leadership scholarship for Canadian students. The recipient must have been enrolled full-time in the current academic year and be living in Alberta.
This scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the conditions and lives of others.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for the graduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is available for all disciplines of academic study
Scholarship Award: $2,000 each will be awarded annually.
Eligible Countries: Canadian students
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply: –
one parent or legal guardian has maintained the permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or –
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or – was married to an Alberta resident immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies.
- Be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program: undergraduate, professional, graduate, apprenticeship, diploma or certificate program at a designated Alberta institution in the year of nomination, and
- Have shown outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the lives of other people while attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta.
Language Requirements: The applicants must be fluent in English.
Application Procedure: Include with your completed application:
- A resume highlighting your leadership involvement and other activities related to improving the lives of other people,
• a related letter of reference, and
• an essay of up to a maximum of 1,000 words – please refer to page 2 of the application for details.
Applications Deadline: January 25, 2019