Scholarship Description: Applicants are invited to apply for the research position at Opto-electro-structural Lab in Korea. The position is open exclusively to foreign applicants.
The aim of the position is to assist and encourage international researchers.
The technology thrust of the OESL is the development and implementation of various structural sensing technology to real-world.
Degree Level: The position is available to pursue research programme.
Available Subject: The position is awarded in the following fields:
- Laser ultrasound technologies, wireless sensing network (WSN), and optical fibre sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E) and structural health management (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbines, space launch vehicles, nuclear power plants, and aircraft. However, the applicant’s background is never limited to these fields.
Scholarship Benefits: The position will cover the followings:
- Graduate student: Full support of tuition fee + starting monthly stipend KRW 800,000 for master course; KRW
- 1,000,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction).
- Increment depending on research achievement.
- Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Mechatronics, Robotics, Electrical, Electronics, Signal/image processing, Embedded system (Microcontroller/FPGA), Wireless Sensing Network, Wireless sensing device, Stealth and radome analysis, Programming (C/C++, LabVIEW), Mechatronics, Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aerospace Material, Mechanical Engineering and/or Materials background.
- Minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0.
- Graduate from top-ranked domestic (Top 3) and international (Top 500) school
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign applicants are eligible for the position.
Application Procedure: Applicants can apply via email.
- Required documents:
- Detail resume with a recent photo, copies of academic certificates and English test result, one A4 page statement-of-purpose (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons for application and personal goals, future plan after your graduation, etc).
- Send application or enquiry to oeslab.kaist-at-gmail.com
Deadline: The application deadline is August 20, 2017.