A postdoctoral research fellowship (position code 1352) is available at Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics, a Norwegian Centre of Excellence. Norwegian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University of Oslo offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidates must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in geophysics, geochemistry or a related discipline.
Degree Level: Fellowship is provided for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Mantle Geodynamics at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Scholarship Benefits: Position code 1352, Pay Grade NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
- The candidates must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in geophysics, geochemistry or a related discipline. Applicants should have experience in the use and development of numerical modeling codes for mantle dynamics applications, and familiarity with geodynamic processes and geophysical datasets.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials. The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
- A good command of English is required.
Nationality: Norwegian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirement: The candidates must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in geophysics, geochemistry or a related discipline.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- Statement of research experience and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates and university transcripts
- A complete list of publications
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English.
Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2017.