Scholarship Description: The University of Ghent is offering the postdoctoral position in Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The project will aim to characterize how transcriptomic and epigenetic changes in mucosal immune cells upon intestinal colonization with a commensal virus provokes a state of trained immunity in the colonized mice and in their offspring.
Scholarship Provider: Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
Degree Level: Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Position is awarded in Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology.
Scholarship Benefits: This position offers:
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a PhD or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include working with mouse models, flow cytometry, cell culture, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo. – Experience in omics techniques and bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab.
Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Andy Wullaert.