Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, Russia 2016
The Laboratory for Nonlinear Optics and Spectroscopy at Siberian Federal University is offering two postdoctoral fellowships in the fields of theoretical nonlinear optics, x-ray spectroscopy, and nanoplasmonics. The successful candidate will occupy the position at Siberian Federal University equivalent to assistant or associated professor in USA, depending on qualification.The purpose of the program is to encourage young researchers with PhD Degree (or Candidate of Sciences degree) to contribute to the University research and education activities.Postdoctoral fellows shall conduct their scientific research under the supervision of SibFU leading scientists in the university’s priority research directions: forestry, environmental sciences, engineering, social and economic sciences. Applicants must provide Russian proficiency test score.
Dgree Level: Positions are offered for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Subject Offered: Postdoctoral Fellow positions are available in the fields of theoretical nonlinear optics, x-ray spectroscopy, and nanoplasmonics.
List of Subjects:
1) Nonlinear Optics and Spectroscopy (laser pulse propagation through nonlinear media, multi-photon processes, 2D optical Fourier-spectroscopy, photon echo spectroscopy, photon crystalls, coherent population trapping, laser trapping and cooling, lasing, etc).
2) Chemical Physics in Biology (artificial photosynthesis, light harvesting, molecular aggregates, exciton theory, charge and energy transfer, etc).
4) X-ray Spectroscopy (resonant x-ray spectroscopy related to XFEL and synchrotron radiation, etc). In collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden (Prof. F. Gel’mukhanov).
5) Applications of nonlinear optics and spectroscopy (OLED, medical optics, etc).
6) Quantum Chemistry (in application to the above problems ). In collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
7) Any interesting topic the candidate may propose related to the topics discussed above.
Participating Institution(s): Siberian Federal University, Russia.
Eligibility: The requirements to potential postdoctoral fellows:
- age under 35 years old (at the moment of application);
- PhD or candidate of Sciences degree awarded at least five years prior to the date of application;
- fluent English language;
- previous experience in grant research activities;
- publications in high-rated scientific journals (indexed in Web of Science or Scopus);
- the applicant has never been a fellow of the program before.
Eligible Nationalities: Russian and international applicants can apply for this postdoctoral position.
College Admission Requirement: Young researchers with PhD Degree (or Candidate of Sciences degree) are eligible to apply.
For Admission Process: International students can be admitted either via personal contact or under exchange agreements with partner universities.
English Language Requirement: Applicant should provide Russian proficiency test score (apply to The Centre for International Education and Certified Testing for a certificate if student does not have it, the Russian language preparatory course is available).
Supporting Material: The list of documents to be submitted (application package):
- Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoctoral Fellowship program (.doc);
- Application form (.doc);
- Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
- Passport copy;
- Research project description and research plan (.doc);
- Academic curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter;
- List of current and completed research grants or projects for the recent five years, the amount of financing and form of participation included (supervisor, executor).
Scholarship Benefit: About US $1200 (after taxes).
The possibility to increase the salary by the research grants that applicant may win further, no any upper limit in salary rising by the research Funds are here.
Transportation: Siberian Federal University pays for transportation to the Krasnoyarsk from the applicant home city.
Accomodation: Accommodation at the Campus is provided. The rent is about only US $30-50 per month for 1-2 rooms apartment.
Application Procedure for Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, Russia 2016
Application Procedure: The application package for participation in the competition shall be submitted before January 31, 2016, to the Competition Commission by e-mail: dia-at-sfu-kras.ru.
Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2016
More about Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, Russia 2016
Siberian Federal University (Russian: Сибирский федеральный университет, Sibirskiĭ federalʹnyĭ universitet, often shortened to SibFU, СФУ) is a modern multidisciplinary university located in the eastern part of Russia, Krasnoyarsk, that combines fundamental and applied research and teaching.