Scholarship Description: The University of Manchester is now accepting applications for PhD studentships to pursue the full-time and part-time course in 2018-2019. Scholarships are awarded to highly qualified students undertaking study in Economics, Philosophy, Politics, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics and Sociology.
About University: The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England, formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester.
Degree Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programmme.
Available Subject: Studentships are awarded within the School of Social Sciences. This funding is available to students undertaking study in Economics, Philosophy, Politics, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics and Sociology.
Scholarship Benefits: Studentships will cover the followings:
- Home Fees
- £14,296 annual stipend (to be confirmed
- Students can claim for certain research expenses from the Research Training Support Grant.
Eligibility: Candidates must normally have;
- Bachelors (Honours) degree (or overseas equivalent) at 2:1 level or above in a cognate subject, and
- Normally a Masters degree at 65% overall average with minimum 65% in the dissertation and with no mark below 55% (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant cognate subject, preferably one with a substantial research methods component. Transcripts will be carefully scrutinised to ensure that applicants have the required background.
- Note; due to the volume of applications received each year, and limited spaces, regrettably offers cannot be made to all applicants who satisfy the academic entry criteria.
- All applicants who pass the initial assessment stage will be interviewed before any offer is confirmed.
Eligible Nationalities: This funding is available to all nationalities.
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online. Full online application which must include;
- Research proposal
- Two academic reference
- Degree certificates and transcript
- Name of preferred supervisor (to be included on the application form)
Deadline: The application deadline is February 3, 2018.