Scholarship Description: The GrowUpWell Priority Research Centre at the University of Newcastle is looking for assistance with understanding the Immunology of kidney stone diseases.
This project aims to improve our understanding of how our immune system protects against stone recurrence and its role in preventing long-term consequences such as impaired kidney function.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to work on the project titled, “Immunology of kidney stone diseases”.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship Value: $26,682 p.a. (2017 rate), indexed in January each year. The scholarship is for a period of three years and a half years. This Scholarship is linked to the Dr Starkey ARC DECRA fellowship.
Eligible Nationalities: This scholarship is for domestic and international students.
Eligibility Criteria: Seeking an outstanding candidate with:
- An excellent performance in undergraduate/masters degree relating to biomedical science or medicine with a focus on immunology, molecular biology, urology or nephrology.
- Excellent English proficiency
- Experience/ability to work with animal models is required.
To enable us to assess your application, candidates will be expected to submit an email expressing their interest including:
- Academic transcripts
- A brief statement of research interests.
- Full CV including previous degrees, grades, research experience, employment, papers published, and any grants obtained
Deadline: April 1, 2018