Scholarship Description: The Department of Archaeology at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is inviting applications for three years PhD Position in Archaeobotany of Exchange and Migration in Asia or eastern Africa.
With this PhD position students will explore the spread of many of our familiar fruit, nut, and grain crops across the Old World.
About University: The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History conducts basic research using modern analytical methods with the aim of a multidisciplinary and integrated science of human history.
Degree Level: This position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: The position is awarded in the project of Archaeobotany of Exchange and Migration in Asia or eastern Africa.
Scholarship Benefits: The position will cover the followings:
- Opportunities to learn new skills in the archaeological sciences.
- Integration into our interdisciplinary research group at the Max Planck Institute.
- Support for field and laboratory research.
- Cutting-edge facilities and equipment.
- An excellent research environment.
- An English language working environment.
- Full funding for top applicants (3 years).
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have or are about to obtain a Master’s degree or qualification equivalent to the German Diploma (essential) in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related subject.
- Training and experience in the anthropological or archaeological field or laboratory research.
- Applicants are expected to be enthusiastic about learning and exploring research topics in the archaeological sciences. They must also be willing to work as part of a research team, while simultaneously running their own research agenda.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsibility to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
The application must include following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Official record of transcripts and a copy of degree certificate
- Motivation letter
- At least two references
Deadline: The Studentships application deadline is August 15, 2017.