Scholarship Description: Marywood University is inviting applications for PhD Human Development Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available for use beginning Fall semesters; they may only be used to defray the cost of tuition for Marywood courses.
Consistent with the mission of Marywood University, the Ph.D. Program in Administration & Leadership has as its primary goal the mastery of the administrative and leadership skills necessary for professionals working in business, education, health care, social services, and government.
About University: Marywood University is a co-educational, Catholic liberal arts university located on a 115-acre campus in Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States, within the Diocese of Scranton.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field in Administration & Leadership.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarships are available for use beginning Fall semesters; they may only be used to defray the cost of tuition for Marywood courses.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A Master’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a cumulative QPA of 3.00>
- An official graduate transcript from each college, university, and/or professional school attended
- Three letters of recommendation from course instructors and/or current supervisors addressing the applicant’s qualifications for doctoral level work. The letters of recommendation must be current and not be older/written beyond 1 year at the time of submission.
- A reflective essay of approximately 1000 words addressing your professional goals and research interests and how they can be achieved in this program
- A copy of your resume
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) general test scores taken with the last 5 years**
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, if an international student
- If an applicant meets the minimum requirements from the above listed items, then the student will be Invited for an on-campus interview
**The GRE or MAT scores will be waived if the student has earned a Master’s degree within the last 5 years and earned a cumulative QPA 3.5>
Eligible Nationalities: US and international students are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: Complete the scholarship application electronically. Complete the scholarship essay. Please type an essay (300-500 words) reflecting upon your educational goals and professional aims. Email the essay in Microsoft Word to Schmitt-at-maryu.marywood.edu. Your essay should contain your name, Marywood Student ID number, and field of study at the top of the page.
Deadline: All materials must be submitted by April 15, 2018.