The Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Data Analysis: Visualization and Dashboard Design. This course aims to equip you with the tools that will enable you to be an independent data analyst.
In this six week course, applicants will learn how to turn raw data into visual insights using Excel to help support business decisions.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems.
About This Course
Struggling with data at work? Wasting valuable time working in multiple spreadsheets to gain an overview of your business? Find it hard to gain sharp insights from piles of data on your desktop?
If you are looking to enhance your efficiency in the office and improve your performance by making sense of data faster and smarter, then this advanced data analysis course is for you.
Why Take This Course?
If you have already sharpened your spreadsheet skills in EX101x Data Analysis: Take It to the MAX(), this course will help you dig deeper. You will learn advanced techniques for robust data analysis in a business environment. This course covers the main tasks required from data analysts today, including importing, summarizing, interpreting, analyzing and visualizing data. It aims to equip you with the tools that will enable you to be an independent data analyst. Most techniques will be taught in Excel with add-ons and free tools available online. We encourage you to use your own data in this course but if not available, the course team can provide.
- How to make data come to life with well-known types of visualizations such as line and bar graphs and new types of visualizations such as spark lines, contour plots and population pyramids.
- How to create dashboards in Excel based on live data that can meet managerial and business needs.
- How to connect data from different sources, such as the web and exports from your CRM, ERP, SAP or data warehouse.
- Some hands-on data science and how to use actionable analysis tools.
- Deep dive into known tools like PivotTables and introduce new ones like the analysis toolpak.
Felienne Hermans is an assistant professor at Delft University of Technology. Her team at the Spreadsheet Lab works on making spreadsheets better by designing tools to test and improve them.
- High school basic mathematics concepts.
- University strongly recommend EX101x as a prerequisite for this MOOC, but learners with prior experience with spreadsheets will be able to follow the course as well.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)