The University of Bath is offering free online course on How to Succeed in Your EPQ: the Nuts and Bolts of Completing Your Project. This course has been specially designed for students over 16 who are undertaking, or wish to undertake, an EPQ.
Students will also develop skills useful for transitioning to university level study and get chance to swap discussion and ideas with other people also doing an EPQ. This course will start on September 11, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: How to Succeed in Your EPQ
Institution: University of Bath and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 11, 2017
The University of Bath is one of the UK’s leading universities, ranked in the top ten of all national league tables.
The University of Bath’s mission is to deliver world class research and teaching, educating its graduates to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through its research, enterprise and influence.
About This Course
Thinking about doing an EPQ? Or already undertaking an EPQ and feeling overwhelmed? Or just want to get some tips?
Discover all things Extended Project Qualification with this course. You’ll look at reasons to do an EPQ, explore the research process and assessment criteria, and get practical advice on time management and doing your EPQ presentation.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Select, develop and refine an appropriate topic area for your project
- Find and evaluate appropriate resources and use these to inform and support your project
- Manage your time in order to complete the project effectively
- Plan and structure a piece of academic writing
- Communicate your learning through a presentation
This course has been specially designed for students over 16 who are undertaking, or wish to undertake, an EPQ.
A Course Leader at the University of Bath, Clive has over 30 years’ experience training both students and professionals to become more effective writers and presenters.
A Course Leader at the University of Bath, Diana supports students with their academic skills. She is also a writer of textbooks in the field of effective communication.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).