ETH Zurich is offering free online course on Responsive Cities. The course is inclusive for every individual interested in the planning, construction, redevelopment and management of future cities.
In this course, applicants will explore the future of urbanization as you learn about responsive Cities, ones that bring the city back to their citizens. The course will start on September 11, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Institution: ETH Zurich and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on September 11, 2017
ETH Zurich is one of the leading international universities for technology and the natural sciences. It is well-known for its excellent education, ground-breaking fundamental research and for putting its new findings directly into practice. It offers researchers an inspiring working environment and its students a comprehensive education.
About This Course
Responsive cities define the future of urbanization. They evolve from smart cities, with a fundamental difference: The citizens move from the center of attention to the center of action. Responsive citizens use smart technology to contribute to planning, design and management of their cities.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Identify the differences between Responsive Cities and Smart Cities
- Understand the concept of Citizen Design Science and its importance for Responsive Cities
- Learn and use the Qua-Kit online 3D modeller for a specific urban planning task
- Improve livability, governance and city planning with Responsive Cities principles
- Assess and develop the quality of urban public spaces based on data and information
Professor of Information Architecture, ETH Zurich
Postdoctoral fellow and Lecturer, Chair of Information Architecture, ETH Zurich
Scientific Directory of the ETH Future Cities Laboratory, ETH Zurich
Lead, Urban Complexity Project, ETH Future Cities Lab
Associate Professor, Singapore University of Technology and Design
Professor of galaxy and black hole astrophysics, ETH Zurich
Lai Choo Malone-Lee
Director, Centre for Sustainable Asian Cities (CSAC), National University of Singapore
Professor of Architecture and Urban Design, ETH Zürich
Mayor of the City of Zürich
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)