Curtin University is offering free online course on Life with Diabetes. This course focuses on providing skills and resources for you and your family to manage life with diabetes.
In this five-week course, applicants will learn how to confidently manage your diabetes and live a healthy, happy life. This course will start on September 4, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on September 4, 2017
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
University will learn about recommended food choices and eating habits for those living with diabetes as well as the best types of exercise to help manage blood glucose levels. Lastly, we will discuss overall strategies for keeping well and managing your condition including sick day management, hypoglycaemia management and travel.
Why Take This Course?
This course focuses on providing skills and resources for you and your family to manage life with diabetes.
- The different types of diabetes, who is at risk and how each type of diabetes is treated.
- How to make good food choices and improve your eating habits.
- The benefits of physical exercise and stress management.
- Types of diabetes medications and how to manage them.
- The importance of having your own healthcare plan and managing the challenges of daily life with diabetes.
Patricia is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Credentialed Diabetes Educator who has worked in diabetes education for nearly forty years. She has extensive experience educating people with diabetes, both in groups and individually.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)