Wellesley College is offering free online course on Italian Language and Culture. This course is ideal for students who have 2-3 years of Italian at the high school level or 2-3 semesters of Italian at the college level.
In this course, applicants will learn about contemporary Italian culture through a variety of media (video interviews, newspaper articles, radio programs, short stories, etc.) The course will start on August 7, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 12 weeks
Institution: Wellesley College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on August 7, 2017
Since 1875, Wellesley College has been the preeminent liberal arts college for women. Known for its intellectual rigor and its remarkable track record for the cultivation of women leaders in every arena, Wellesley—only 12 miles from Boston—is home to some 2300 undergraduates from every state and 75 countries.
About This Course
AP® Italian Language and Culture provides students with an interactive learning experience that combines the highest academic standards with the goal of language proficiency.
This course suits the needs of students who have a variety of learning goals:
- You want to prepare for the AP exam independently at your own pace, or perhaps you want to improve your language skills and find out more about contemporary Italian society. Sign up now and cover as little or as much as you need to get ready! You will have access to all the material from the moment you register. You may audit the course for free or work towards a Verified Certificate of Completion ($49; issued by edX ).
- You want to be best prepared for the AP exam and part of an online live class with other students and an instructor. Wellesley College offers, in conjunction with this edX course, online live instruction sessions (in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018) so that you can practice the language regularly. If you choose this option, you will receive a Certificate from Wellesley College with a letter grade that you may present to your high school for registration on your transcript. You will also experience how languages are taught at Wellesley College!
Why Take This Course?
Improve your language skills and expand your knowledge of contemporary Italian culture as you prepare for success in the AP® Italian exam!
- Learn about contemporary Italian culture through a variety of media (video interviews, newspaper articles, radio programs, short stories, etc.)
- Refine your interpersonal, presentational and interpretive skills in Italian.
- Revi Daniela Bartalesi-Graf is Lecturer in the Department of Italian Studies at Wellesley College. ew Italian grammar from fundamental to advanced structures.
- Practice all you need for success in the AP Italian exam!
Daniela Bartalesi-Graf is Lecturer in the Department of Italian Studies at Wellesley College.
2-3 years of Italian at the high school level;
2-3 semesters of Italian at the college level.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)