The c is offering free online course on Global Prosperity beyond GDP. The course is for anyone concerned with global issues and the unprecedented challenges of the 21st Century. It aims to inspire students, entrepreneurs, and citizens with a positive picture of what we are capable of with just a little bit of re-direction.
This course you will look at other approaches to defining success for society, examining how we must aim for a broader notion of prosperity at both a personal and planetary level. This course will start on November 20, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Global Prosperity beyond GDP
Institution: UCL (University College London) and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 20, 2017
UCL was founded in 1826. It was the first English university established after Oxford and Cambridge, and the first to open up university education to those previously excluded from it.
About This Course
Economic growth is no longer the best indicator of broader success. By 2050, the global population will reach 10 billion and we may face environmental crisis. If we are to thrive, and not just survive, into the next century, we will need new tools and new ways of thinking to tackle the challenges of today and ensure a successful and prosperous future for everyone.
Why Take This Course?
This course you will look at other approaches to defining success for society, examining how we must aim for a broader notion of prosperity at both a personal and planetary level.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Justify the need for a re-examination of the way we look at economics, and the role it plays in guiding society.
- Gain an understanding of the origin of GDP and the context from which it emerged.
- Gain an understanding of new approaches to measurement of success.
- Describe what a framework of change is, and why they exist.
- Recognize the potential for building a new economy that works better for people and the planet.
The course is for anyone concerned with global issues and the unprecedented challenges of the 21st Century. It aims to inspire students, entrepreneurs, and citizens with a positive picture of what we are capable of with just a little bit of re-direction. No prior knowledge of the subject is needed.
Henrietta L. Moore
Henrietta L. Moore is a Professor Henrietta Moore, Director of the Institute for Global Prosperity. My recent work has focussed on the notion of global sustainable and prosperous futures.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof oflearning on the course topic(s)).