RWTH Aachen University and Technische Universität München (TUM) is offering free online course on Fundamentals of Communication Acoustics. The course assumes basic knowledge of the fundamentals of signals and systems such as linearity, time invariance, the Fourier transform, and digital filters.
In this course, we will cover the fundamentals of communication acoustics, which is the way sounds travel from a source through a channel to a receiver. The course will start on October 23, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Institution: RWTH Aachen University, Technische Universität München (TUM) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $29
Session: Course Starts on October 23, 2017
The RWTH Aachen University is among the leading technical universities in Europe measured by its academic output, the quality of its graduates, and by the quantity of its external funding.
Technische Universität München (TUM) ranks as one of Europe’s leading universities. It placed first among German universities in the International Shanghai Ranking, in both 2011 and 2012, and is one of the few to hold the title of Excellence University.
About This Course
In this course, we will cover the fundamentals of communication acoustics, which is the way sounds travel from a source through a channel to a receiver. We will also look at different system components involved in acoustic communication.
Why Take This Course?
You will learn from top experts in the field of communication acoustics, all of whom are affiliated with the leading Universities of Technology in Germany. Together, they have pooled their expertise in order to teach comprehensive basic understanding and share the most current research trends with you.
- Fundamentals of physical acoustics
- Speech acoustics
- Signals and systems
Professor, Structural Mechanics, Technical University of Munich
Professor, Technical AcousticsRWTH Aachen University
Associate Professor, Audio Technology, Chalmers University of Technology
Professor, Medical Acoustics, RWTH Aachen University
Bernstein Professor, Audio Information Processing, Technical University of Munich
Professor, Audio and Haptic Engineering, Technische Universität Dresden
Professor, Quality and Usability, Technische Universität Berlin
The course assumes basic knowledge of the fundamentals of signals and systems such as linearity, time invariance, the Fourier transform, and digital filters.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)