The University of Leeds is offering free online course on Learning Online: Managing Your Identity. Students will also spend time looking at how to assess and enhance your online identities to ensure that you can get the most out of being yourself online.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study effectively online. This course will start on August 7, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Learning Online: Managing Your Identity
Institution: University of Leeds and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on August 7, 2017
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
About This Course
Many of us now have an online identity running alongside our everyday lives. In this course you’ll consider your online presence; you’ll discover how what we say and do online can have major implications for our real lives, and those of others.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Assess your current confidence level in managing your identity online.
- Reflect on your current approach to managing your identity online and discuss with other learners.
- Explain how an individual’s actions online can have both positive and negative consequences in the real world.
- Produce and share your own code of practice for your online presence.
- Research and reflect on the power of social media and identify examples of people who are using the tool to raise awareness of projects.
- Explore the tools available to create your online presence.
- Critically assess your online identity and identify strategies to create or enhance it. Produce a digital asset to enhance a specific area of an online identity.
- Assess your knowledge by participating in the end of course test.
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for schools and colleges. The course can be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource or can be studied independently by students.
I lecture in History, specialise in Curriculum Design and build Digital Literacy and Digital Scholarship modules. I also lead the University’s Liberal Arts programme.
[email protected] Team Leader at the University of Leeds
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).