The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is offering free online course on First Aid for Adults. This course is designed for addressing injuries in people older than 16 years of age.
In this two week course, applicants will learn how to apply mindfulness techniques, so you can improve your communication, relationships and emotional health. This course will start on September 25, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: First Aid for Adults
Institution: The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 25, 2017
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network, with 190 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and 17 million volunteers.
About This Course
This online course will introduce you to the key first aid actions you should take to effectively manage seven common causes of injury in adults: cardiac arrest, choking, bleeding, burns, strokes, road accidents and basic psychological first aid for an injured person.
Why Take This Course?
Students will earn a Statement of Participation from FutureLearn. Taking the course will not result in earning a formal first aid qualification, but provides an overview of the skills you will need to demonstrate at a face-to-face course in your area.
You will also learn about the first aid fundamentals of assessing an emergency situation, how to check if a casualty is breathing and the recovery position technique.
First Aid for Adults is designed for addressing injuries in people older than 16 years of age. You do not need any prior experience or qualifications to take part.
Dr. Bhanu Pratap
Senior Officer – Care in the Community,
Health and Care Department
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Pascal Cassan (MD)
Head of the IFRC Global First Aid Reference Centre
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).