Kogod School of Business at American University is offering free online course on Data Explosion and its Impact on Fraud Detection. This course is for anyone with an interest in fraud and data, you don’t need any previous experience.
In this three-week course, applicants will explore the origins of the current data explosion and learn the implications on fraud and fraud detection. This course will start on August 7, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: The Data Explosion and its Impact on Fraud Detection
Institution: Kogod School of Business at American University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on August 7, 2017
American University has upheld its commitment to educating service-minded students for more than a century. Today, the core values of social responsibility and a commitment to cultural and intellectual diversity continue to drive every university initiative. AU’s student body is consistently ranked among the nation’s most politically and socially active and represents all 50 states as well as more than 130 countries.
About This Course
90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years (IBM). This astonishing increase in data is what’s known as the data, or information, explosion and it has fundamentally transformed every sector of the global economy.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Articulate the developments that have fueled the data explosion
- Describe how data has impacted fraud and fraud detection
- Identify the nature of fraud, its victims and its perpetrators
- Apply knowledge to a hands-on experience by identifying potential fraud and building a data-driven presentation to present your findings
This course is for anyone with an interest in fraud and data, you don’t need any previous experience. It is ideal for anyone considering postgraduate study in the field, such as the online MBA and Masters in Analytics from Kogod.
Jeff Rinehart is an Executive-In-Residence in the Information Technology & Analytics Department at American University’s Kogod School of Business where I teach graduate analytics and digital marketing classes.
Casey Evans is an Executive-In-Residence in the Accounting and Taxation Department at American University’s Kogod School of Business in Washington, D.C. where I teach undergraduate and graduate accounting courses.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).