Georgia Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Data Analytics in Business. This course prepares you to understand data and business analytics and become a leader in these areas in business organizations.
this course features hands-on experiences with data collection, analysis, and visualization using Python programs and analytics software such as SAS. The course will start on January 4, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 15 weeks
Effort: 5-10 hours pw
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Georgia Institute of Technology and edx
Session: Course Starts on January 4, 2018
The Georgia Institute of Technology, also known as Georgia Tech, is one of the nation’s leading research universities, providing a focused, technologically based education to more than 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
About This Course
Businesses, consumers, and societies leave behind massive amounts of data as a by-product of their activities. Leading-edge companies in every industry are using analytics to replace intuition and guesswork in their decision-making. As a result, managers are collecting and analyzing enormous data sets to discover new patterns and insights and running controlled experiments to test hypotheses.
Why Take This Course?
This course, part of the Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods MicroMasters program, prepares you to understand data and business analytics and become a leader in these areas in business organizations.
- How to develop and execute analytics projects within business organizations
- How to use analytics software to generate predictions and business insights
- How to “speak analytics” with executives, managers, and data scientists
Dr. Beverly Wright leads the Business Analytics Center at Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business.
CSE6040x, ISYE6501x, and each of their prerequisites
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)