OFID Scholarship Award 2015/2016. OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2015/2016. The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000.
Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world. Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies. The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2015/2016.
- Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
- Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, Bachelor’s certificate/transcript, acceptance letter into postgraduate program and essay.
- When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2015, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries). Pakistani students are eligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Deadline: 8 May 2015