University of Oslo PhD Candidate in Neuroscience, Norway,2017
The University of Oslo is inviting applications for PhD Candidate in Neuroscience. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must have MA degree equivalent to a Norwegian MA or an equivalent degree in advanced biology, with experience in laboratory work and either an existing background in neuroscience or a strong motivation to pursue research in neuroscience.
Degree Level: Fellowship is provided for the doctoral programme at the University of Oslo.
Available Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Neuroscience at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Number of Awards: A PhD position is available.
- Salary level NOK 432 700 – 489 300 (Ltr.50-57)
- Stimulating and attractive work environment.
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- Attractive welfare benefits.
Eligibility: Applicants must hold a Master degree in neuroscience, basal or clinical neurophysiology, medicine, psychology, neurotechnology, physics, mathematics, or bioinformatics, and be proficient in spoken and written English. Interests and experience in neuroscience, consciousness research, electrophysiology, imaging, or computational modelling – such as EEG, EMG, fMRI, optogenetics, magnetic stimulation (TMS), modelling, statistics, advanced data analysis (e.g. MATLAB, Python, Neuron, NEST), or behavioral analysis, will be positively evaluated.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a Master degree in neuroscience, basal or clinical neurophysiology, medicine, psychology, neurotechnology, physics, mathematics, or bioinformatics, and be proficient in spoken and written English.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: The application must include:
- Application letter (including a summary of the applicant’s scientific work and interests and describing how she/he fits the description of the person we seek)
- CV ( education since high school (place, grade), positions held and details of academic work)
- List of publications, published abstracts, presentations
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Deadline: The application deadline is March 10, 2017.