Postdoctoral Fellowship in Structural Biology and Chromatin at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017
The University of Oslo is offering three-year postdoctoral position available in the Group for Chromatin and Structural Biology. This fellowship is available for International students.
The project aims at understanding changes in chromatin during mitosis and kinetochore formation.
The University of Oslo aim is to recruiting more women in academic positions and encouraged to apply. The University of Oslo also has a goal of recruiting ethnic minorities to Norway in academic positions.
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Structural Biology and Chromatin within the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM).
Scholarship Benefits: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary level NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications.
Number of scholarship: Several fellowships are available.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowships:
- A PhD’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or a related area
- Hands-on experience with purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes
- Excellent written and oral English
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts (one or more first author papers from PhD studies will be highly valued)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants can apply for these fellowships.
Application Procedure: Applicants can apply by online mode.
- Cover Letter stating motivation and research interests
- A complete list of scientific publications
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.