University of Waikato and Institute of Healthy Ageing PhD Scholarship in New Zealand, 2017
Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for University of Waikato and Institute of Healthy Ageing PhD Scholarship. The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and international students.
About University: The Institute of Healthy Ageing (IHA) was launched in November 2013 as a collaboration between Waikato District Health Board, the University of Auckland and the University of Waikato (UoW) to address challenges associated with New Zealand’s ageing population.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate (research).
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Up to $22,000 pa + domestic tuition fees for up to 3 years
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be intending to enrol full-time in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the University of Waikato in 2017; and
- Have completed, or be nearing completion of, an Honours or Masters degree in a field that aligns with the research interests of the Institute of Healthy Ageing such as; Psychology, Health Science, Social Science, Management.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents and international students.
Application Procedure: Applications for the Scholarship must be submitted on the prescribed online form. Candidates must also submit an Application to Enrol in the PhD programme at the University of Waikato prior to the Scholarship closing date in order to be eligible for consideration for this Scholarship. Candidates must include with their Scholarship application:
- A Personal Statement (the template can be downloaded from the online Scholarship application form); and
- Two academic references, one of which should be from either your
- Proposed PhD Chief Supervisor or a member of the academic staff at the institution at which you obtained the qualification that defines your eligibility to enter the PhD programme.
Deadline: The application deadline is July 14, 2017.