Netherlands 2014 AUC Scholarship Fund for International Students
Applications for ASF Scholarships are open to all students (Dutch and international). The AUC Scholarship Fund offers two types of ASF Scholarship: Full scholarships: EU students: EUR 5000 per year Non-EU students: EUR 15,000 per year Partial scholarships: EU students: EUR 2500 per year Non-EU students. EUR 7500 per year.
The AUC Scholarship Fund Board, consisting of representatives of the sponsors and AUC, is responsible for the selection and decides whether the applicant gets a full or a partial scholarship, following a recommendation from the ASF Selection Committee. The ASF Scholarships are paid to the student in 12 monthly instalments. Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition fee waiver; students are responsible for paying the tuition fee themselves.
- Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission to AUC.
- Candidates must have excellent school results and a strong motivation as reflected in their application and recommendation forms. The selection committee will also look at extracurricular accomplishments and activities relevant for AUC, as well as the future leadership profile/skills of the candidates.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need (provide proof that it is financially impossible for them to study at AUC without a scholarship).
- The deadline for applications for an ASF Scholarship is 1 April 2014 for an Autumn semester 2014 start. If you want to apply for an ASF Scholarship, you must write a scholarship motivation letter, explaining clearly why you think you deserve a scholarship, and why you are applying for one.
- In addition to your scholarship motivation letter, you must also send us proof of your financial need. Dutch candidates can do this by confirming to us that, according to the information from DUO – IB-Groep (studiefinanciering), and based on their family income, they will receive the maximum additional grant (maximale aanvullende beurs). When they start at AUC in September, these students will be asked to deliver a copy of their DUO – IB-Groep declaration that they are indeed receiving the maximum additional grant.
- International students need to send us copies of the salary statements of both parents or legal guardians, and preferably also their most recent tax returns. In order to be considered for the scholarship, the taxable income of both parents or legal guardians may not exceed EUR 45,000 or the equivalent in local currency. Ensure each document has the full name of the writer, contact telephone number and e-mail address. The documents must be accompanied with a signed declaration that all the documents have been filled in accurately and truthfully. (Download declaration form below.)
- Please send all documents for your ASF Scholarship application to the AUC Scholarship Fund e-mail address (see below), or by post to AUC (marked clearly “ASF Scholarship application, attn. Ms. D. Atkinson”). See link below for the AUC postal address.
- Clearly mark all documents as belonging to an ASF Scholarship application and add to each document your full name, contact telephone number and e-mail address.
Application Deadline: 01 April 2014