Netherland Scholarships for non EU Students at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers one scholarship for its three-year bachelor’s programmes to talented with the interest to expand their global education. The scholarship is available to students with (only) a non-EU/EEA nationality.
If you wish to apply for the SBE non-EU Scholarship, there are several requirements. You must:
- Be accepted to a SBE bachelor’s programme:
- BSc International Business: admission through the decentralised selection procedure;
- BSc Economics and Business Economics: admission through the decentralised selection procedure;
- BSc Econometrics and Operations Research: admission through the regular admission procedure;
- BSc Fiscal Economics: admission through the regular admission procedure
- Not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year (1 September 2013);
- Have an overall GPA of at least 70%.
The amount of the scholarship is € 11,500 per academic year. The scholarship is renewable every year for the duration of the bachelor’s programme on the express condition that scholarship awarded students:
- Fulfil all study requirements within given time;
- Maintain an overall GPA of at least 75% each year;
- Assist, on average, 4 hours per month in student recruitment activities.
Each scholarship recipient at SBE is assigned an academic advisor with whom they are required to meet regularly to monitor their academic progress.
SBE non-EU Scholarship
|Type of cost||amount||cost unit|
|Allowance||€ 900||One-time only|
|Health and liability insurance||€ 500||Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Visa costs||€ 300||Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Tuition fee waiver||€ 8.500||Paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Refund of travel expenses||€ 1.000||One-time only|
Application and Selection
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must fill out the application form . Scholarship applications including motivation must be sent via e-mail to:
- [email protected] : for applicants for International Business
- [email protected] : for applicants for Economics and Business Economics
- [email protected] : for applicants for Fiscal Economics and Econometrics and Operations Research i
The deadline for application is 15 April 2014. Please note: if you wish to apply for the SBE Bachelor Scholarship for the BSc Econometrics and Operations Research or Fiscal Economics programme, your application deadline for the programme is also 15 April 2014. This differs from the regular deadline for this programme.
For questions concerning your scholarship application, please contact Ms. Simone Franssen via [email protected]
The SBE Admissions department will rank the scholarship applicants and the SBE Scholarship Committee will make the final decision. Applicants will be informed about the decision in writing around mid-June.
In making its assessment, the SBE Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, the status of the foreign institution, average grades and motivation.
Please check the scholarship terms and conditions before applying.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th April 2014.