Degree Level: The fellowship is for postdoctoral studies
Available Subjects: The fellowship is for Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry, Physics and astronomy subjects at post doctoral level.
Scholarship Benefits: $45,000 per year for two years
Eligible Nationalities: Students with canadian nationality are eligible to apply.
- The candidates applying for NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2019 should have a doctorate in the fields of Plant and animal biology, Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering, Cellular and molecular biology, Civil, industrial and systems engineering, Psychology, Mechanical engineering, Evolution, and ecology, Electrical engineering, Earth sciences, Computing Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Mathematical Sciences, and Chemistry.
- The applicants of NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2019 should be citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- The candidates should have completed the first doctoral degree requirements two years before the application deadline date.
- The NSERC will extend the eligibility for three years if the applicants have full-time employment for six months in government, industry or university or affiliated research institutions, laboratories, hospitals.
- The NSERC will extend the eligibility period for 6 years for the maternity leave.
- The NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2019 can be taken in the universities and research institutions in Canada and abroad but not in Canadian government laboratories or in industrial laboratories.
Application Procedure: You can apply for a PDF by completing and submitting Form 201, and attaching supporting documents if necessary. Read the instructions on how to complete Form 201.
Deadline: NSERC must receive your application electronically before 8:00 p.m. (ET) on October 15. Incomplete applications will be rejected.