The MRS Bulletin Postdoctoral Publication Prize recognizes postdoctoral researchers for their intellectual merit and for their ability to demonstrate effective writing and communications through an interest in scientific publications. Candidates should show promise for future scientific contributions and scholarship in the broad materials field as well as demonstrated interest in scientific writing and communications.
Degree level: The prize is for postdoc students
Available subjects: Any subject
- $2000 cash award
- Profile published in MRS Bulletin
- Complimentary one-year membership in Materials Research Society
- Invitation to publish in MRS Bulletin
- Recognition at MRS Fall Meeting, Boston
Eligibile Nationalities: Only UK Nationals
- Applicant must not be current members of the MRS.
- Applicants should be postdoctoral researchers/scholars while applying at least 6 months after receiving their Ph.D.
- Candidates applying for University of Cambridge – MRS Bulletin Postdoctoral Publication Prize, 2019 must be interested in science writing and communications and/or scientific publications.
Nominations and self-nominations are permitted, and should include:
- Cover letter/one-page statement
- 2. Resume/CV, including list of publications
- 3–6 samples of published work
- One of the following (no more than one page, including a figure, if needed):
- a. Perspective-type news article
- b. Proposal (extended abstract) for review article
All materials must be submitted in one email to [email protected]. Please use this same email address for additional questions.
Deadline: July 31st, 2019