MMMF Women Grants for Developing Countries, Applications are invited for MMMF Latin America Grants for the academic year 2015/2016. These grans are available to women in developing countries who have financial need and are dedicated to working for the empowerment of women and children in developing countries. Applicants must be enrolled as a student at least half-time (minimum of 2 subjects per semester or grade) or be full-time student in any of the eligible Latin American Universities and be registered for the academic year in which the scholarship is granted (January / December or September / May depending on the country). The last date of submission of application is August 30th, 2015.
Participating Institute: The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund in Latin America.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded for working for the empowerment of women and children in developing countries.
Degree Level: Grants are available for students who are enrolled in any of the following universities: Austral University (Argentina); Iberoamericana University (Mexico); University Cat or lic of Peru (Peru); National University (Colombia); University Rafael Landivar (Guatemala) and FLACSO.
- The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund in Latin America.
- Scholarship can be taken at Latin America (Argentina; Mexico; Peru; Colombia; Guatemala and FLACSO.)
Eligibility: The women applicants to the MMMF grant must meet the following requirements:
- To demonstrate its commitment to work on improving the quality of life of women and children in developing countries.
- Demonstrate financial need
- They plan to return and live in a developing country within the next two years of completing their studies to work in the welfare of women and children.
- Have 25 or older at the time of closure of applications.
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance.
- Having the nationality of any country in the Eligibility List MMMF.
- Be registered in an accredited academic institution at the time of application and plan to be registered or be a regular student for a full academic at the time of receipt of the grant year.
- Do not be a relative of an employee of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund or the Inter-American Development Bank Group.
- Not having received a grant from MMMF before.
- Be enrolled as a student at least half-time (minimum of 2 subjects per semester or grade) or be full-time student in any of the Latin American Universities recorded below; and be registered for the academic year in which the scholarship is granted (January / December or September / May depending on the country): Austral University (Argentina); Iberoamericana University (Mexico); University Cat or lic of Peru (Peru); National University (Colombia); University Rafael Landivar (Guatemala) and FLACSO.
Eligible Nationalities: Women applicants from developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) are eligible to apply for these MMMF Grants.
What does it cover: An MMMF grant covers only a portion of the total costs for an academic year.
Selection Criteria: The MMMF awards grants on a competitive basis to outstanding women in developing countries who have financial need and are dedicated to working for the empowerment of women and children in developing countries.
Notification: Only the finalists are contacted for a telephone interview after two to three months following the closing date. Unsuccessful applicants are not contacted.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted online. Before starting the application, make sure you have the following scanned documents: (The files must be in one of the following formats: pdf – preferably, jpeg or png)
- valid passport photo page (does not apply to women who are studying in their own country)
- Page visa in passport (not applicable to women who are studying in their own country)
- the second passport photo page (if you have dual nationality)
- The proof of official record of the most recent college
- The official academic report of the latest university
- Valid official identification photo.
Deadline: The last date of submission of application is August 30th, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application