Scholarship Description: The University of Waterloo is offering ten scholarships to incoming undergraduate students enrolled in any program in the Faculty of Mathematics (excluding Software Engineering and Computing and Financial Management). Approximately 10 scholarships, valued at $12,000 to $25,000 each over eight academic terms.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate an interest in mathematics or computer science beyond standard course requirements, including activities such as active membership in math or computer science clubs, enriched mathematics studies, employment/voluntary experiences, or hobbies. Participation and achievement in student government, athletics, music, art, etc. are also considered.
Degree Level: The scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
Available Subject: The scholarships will be awarded in the faculty of
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarships will be awarded worth up to $12,000 to $25,000.
Number of Scholarships: Ten(10) Scholarships are available for the students.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarships are available for the international students.
Entrance Requirements: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Student’s admission to the program; the priority of the college is considered.
- Open for incoming students beginning Academic Year 2018-19
- Good character demonstrated qualities of leadership and positive attitudes in keeping with the Mission Statement of the University.
- Applicant must be an international student.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Have accepted an unconditional offer of admission for the academic year 2018-2019.
- To be eligible for consideration, applications for both program admissions and scholarship must be complete. (All scholarship applicants must also complete an application for their academic program of choice.)
Application Procedure: Please complete the online application. Please submit hard copies of all necessary documents to the International Student Office.
Deadline: February 4, 2019