Macedonian Government Undergraduate Scholarships for Foreign Students to Study in Macedonia
Citizens of the following eligible countries:
Azerbaijan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, United Arab Emirates, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burundi, Cameroon, People’s China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia,Gabonese Republic, Ghana, Georgia, Israel, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanese Republic, Lithuania, Malaysia, Morocco, Moldova, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Portugal, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, United States of America, Thailand, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Socialist Vietnam, Hungary, Zambia and Organization of American States.
- The Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships, for the academic year 2015/2016, at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
- The scholarships are awarded to foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia.
University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle”; Ohrid; Republic of Macedonia
Fields of study
Awards are for students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following programmes:
- Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS);
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE);
- Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA);
- Faculty of Information and Communication Science (ICS)
- Study Program of Digital Business Informatics (DBI)
- Faculty of Applied IT, Machine Intelligence and Robotics (AITMIR) and
- Study Program of E-Government, E-Business and E-Culture.
Official language of the programmes is English and courses are held by distinguished local and international lecturers
Number of awards
One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries (as listed above).
The scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of the three years of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student ends the first year of studies with satisfactory success rate
The scholarship provides for:
- Full tuition fees;
- Visa and residence permit fees
- Return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
- Accommodation and food (full board) at the University’s dorm “Nikola Karev” in Ohrid, the Republic of Macedonia;
- A monthly allowance of 5,000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
Method of Application
Candidates are required to submit an online application, which will be available on the official scholarship web site of the Ministry of Education and Science, www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk and www.mon.gov.mk as from 20.02.2015 or submitted in hard copy, or electronically, to the respective Ministry of Education of the applicant’s home country.
All students must send scanned copies of the required documents and the Application form to the following e-mail: [email protected]
To complete the application, the candidates are required to provide electronic copies from the following original documents:
- Application Form
- Official high school diploma or certificate (where applicable);
- Official transcripts;
- Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate for the programme they are applying.
The required evidence may take the form of either:
- Substantial education (minimum 15 months) conducted in English and undertaken no more than two years prior to the date of enrolment
- Acceptable English language qualification or test result. The qualification or test results must have been awarded no more than two years prior to the proposed date of enrollment. Please see official website for a listing of the acceptable language results.
- Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
- Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
- An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 4 calendar years;
- In addition, as part of the application, the candidates are required to summit contact details from two academic professors/teachers, who will provide letters of recommendation for the candidate. The candidates are advised to notify the professors ahead of time, in order for the references to be submitted within the application deadline.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
The online scholarship application opened on the official scholarship web site on 20.02.2015. All prospective students should note that the application process will be open until 31.07.2015.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
Applicants who have not completed their high school education by May 1, 2015 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than July 31, 2015
Application Deadline: 31 July 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes