Type of scholarship: Short term (1-2 semesters) studies
Number of scholarships: 25
Studies can be arranged: The list of Lithuanian higher education institutions and study programmes of all study fields are available on www.studyin.lt/universities/.
Scholarships for short-term studies in Lithuania offered for candidates who are citizens of the following countries:
• The Eastern Partnership countries: Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia.
• ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
• Lithuania priority export market countries: the USA, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Turkey, South Africa Republic.
The autumn semester in higher education and research institutions of Lithuania normally lasts from September until January and the spring semester – from February until June. In order to arrange studies in Lithuania and receive an official approval of acceptance, the candidate is advised to contact directly the International Office of the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution. Information about study programmes delivered in English language at Lithuanian higher education institutions is available online at studyin.lt.
How to apply
Documents must be submitted only through the online application system. There is no requirement to send them by post, fax or email. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
1. The candidate has to receive an official approval of acceptance (Conditional Agreement) from the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution.
2. Candidate must be a citizen of the particular country mentioned in the table above.
3. The candidate has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme (the minimum of B2 level of study language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required).
• Candidates of the first and second study cycle, approved for the short–term studies, will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 420 EUR. Candidates of the third study cycle studies approved for the short–term studies will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 840 EUR.
• The exact sum of the total amount allocated for the candidate will be calculated according to the number of days that the specific month consists of, thus slight variations in the monthly scholarship might occur. The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
• Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
• The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania.
• Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
• Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
• More information about financial conditions.