Scholarship Description: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is accepting applications for Lieutenant-Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick Scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019. This scholarship is open to all overseas, full-time applicants who hold an offer of admission from the Registry for the MSc Public Health for Eye Care course.
This programme provides ophthalmic professionals with the knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their populations by developing an evidence-based public health approach for the control and management of blinding eye diseases.
Scholarship Provider: The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a public research university on Keppel Street, Bloomsbury, Camden, London, and specialised in public health and tropical medicine and a constituent college of the University of London
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MSc Public Health for Eye Care course
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Public Health.
Scholarship Benefits: This full-time 1-year studentship will cover full tuition fees at the overseas fee rate and will provide a maintenance stipend of GBP 16,500.00 (a stipend of GBP 15,000.00 paid out as a monthly allowance, plus GBP 1,500.00 towards the successful candidate’s summer project costs), and GBP 1,100.00 towards an alumni workshop.
Eligible Nationalities: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria: This scholarship is open to all overseas, full-time applicants who hold an offer of admission from the Registry for the MSc Public Health for Eye Care course. The normal minimum entry requirement to be considered for master’s degrees admission at the School is at least one of the following:
- A second-class honours degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a relevant subject
- A qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies
- A master’s degree in a subject appropriate to the course of study to be followed
- A professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed
Below is a list of what you will need to apply:
- Your full contact details
- Your qualification details
- Your employment details
- Copy of passport (photo page) or EU National ID card
- Your referees’ details (full names and email addresses)
- Your personal statement (one for each course applied for)
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates / Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of English language ability (if applicable)
Step 1: Submit an application for 2018-19 for an MSc Public Health for Eye Care, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
Evidence that you meet the School’s English Language requirements must be uploaded to your MSc programme application before the scholarship application deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting the ‘Lt-Col Henry Kirkpatrick Scholarship 2018-19’ option from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).