Scholarship Description: La Trobe University is delighted to announce the Regional Journalism Scholarship for the future undergraduate students to study the graduate degree program at the university.
The scholarship is available for the Australian & New Zealand citizens or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa. It will cover the tuition fee cost and study-related expenses.
Scholarship Provider: La Trobe University is one of Australia’s leading universities offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate with a focus on high-quality learning and teaching.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for the graduate degree program
Available Subject: Scholarship is available in the fields of Media and Communication
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship will cover the tuition fee cost and study-related expenses
Eligible Nationalities: Australian & New Zealand citizens or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- Enrolled in, or intending to enroll full time in the Bachelor of Media and Communication (Journalism) or the Bachelor of Media and Communication (Sports Journalism) in Semester 1 2019
- Have resided in a regional or remote area for a total of at least 3 out of the last 5 years and completed your final two years of schooling in a high school or college in a regional or remote area (regional or remote are defined as all categories other than RA1 on the Australian Standard Geographic Remoteness Areas system map)
Application Procedure: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an application form by the closing date.
The students must submit these documents:
- personal statement detailing their ambitions in the field of journalism and how the scholarship will assist with their studies
- evidence of academic merit such as academic record
- Evidence of having resided in a remote or regional location such as a letter from the school or demonstration of residential address (utility bills, bank statements etc).
Deadline: March 08, 2019