Degree Level: Bachelors
Available Subject: Scholarships is available for any subject taught in University.
Scholarship Benefits: Fully Funded
- The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board.
- An annual award of $3,000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and research support.
Eligible Nationalities: All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants of Simmons University – Kotzen Scholarships in US, 2019 should enroll as a freshman for the fall semester.
- Applicants must have secured at least 28 (ACT), at least 1300 (new SAT) or at least 1250 (old SAT – CR+M) with at least 600 in each SAT section.
- TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores should be submitted by non-native English speakers.
- Candidates applying for Simmons University – Kotzen Scholarships in US, 2019 must have an unweighted GPA of at least 3.5.
- Applicants must have studied college preparatory curriculum along with an advanced level math course.
- Candidates should possess a record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses.
The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below. Students should submit their essays in PDF or Word Docvia our online form, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
Please note: it is the student’s responsibility to submit a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as we will not convert or accept incompatible files (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.” Write an essay in which you defend one view or the other. Use a specific example of a leader, either from history or from your own personal experience, to support your argument.
- Interview: Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an on-campus interview which will be conducted in February. If you are an international applicant unable to make it to campus, a Skype interview may be conducted instead.